FDN 2400, Critical Perspectives on Learning and TeachingAdditional Required Readings:
Most eadings are provided as PDF's on the course website. Readings not available under the fair use portion of copyright law will be provided behind a firewall. You will be directed to your ASULearn course website for these.
Selected additional articles will be provided for class. Please consults the class schedule (i.e. the course syllabus) everyday for any additional downloads or required readings.
1. Reading: Read each assigned reading or web page before the date it is scheduled for class discussion.
2. Class participation and attendance: The success of the class depends on each student attending all classes, all the time, and on time. It also depends on you completing the readings before class so you are able to use them as background for our seminar-style discussions. These discussions will occur at least weekly.
3. Quizzes: There will be in-depth quizzes on all your readings and on course lectures. The quizzes are carefully designed to measure your comprehension of the readings, discussions, and crucial course content. The quizzes will be available online at ASU Learn. The dates each quiz opens and closes will be posted on this website on your course syllabus.
On ASULearn you will log in and select FDN 2400 and your section number.
1. Content Quizzes: 60 percent. Each quiz is 20 percent of your grade. Because of the way each quiz is structured and how short this term is, if you don't take the quiz during the window in which it is open on ASULearn there will be no way to make up the quiz.
2. Inquiry Project: This will be assigned shortly, to be worked on throughout the semester. The Inquiry Project is 20% of your grade and is graded according to the rubric provided with the assignment on your syllabus.
3. Class participation: 20 percent. This will appear as a grade in the gradebook. Though the actual percentage of time missed per class is closer to 4%, 3 percentage points will be deducted for each class missed.
4. Quiz and class grading scale: 91-100% A, 80-91% B, 70-80% C, 60-70% D; 60% and below results in an E.
5. Final course grading: 93 - 100% A, 90 - 92.9% A-, 88 - 89.9% B+, 82 - 87.9% B, 80 - 81.9% B-, 74 - 79.9% C, 70 - 73.9% C-, 70% or lower is a D.
6. Pass/Fail grading: Pass is 100% (100 points), Fail is 0% (0 points). This section may be deleted.